I think it's a testament to Bruce Tinsley's skill that in a sex scandal involving a Republican congressman and the subsequent cover-up by top Republican officials, he can still manage to wring out a Clinton joke.
OK, I know it must be difficult to find humor in the Mark Foley sex scandal in a way acceptable to the conservative sensibilities of G-rated family newspapers, but I'm feeling kind of grouchy today so I'm just going to nitpick.
- I know it's the setup to the punchline, but it's not just prominent Democrats doing the criticizing
- The Monica Lewinsky affair was between two consenting adults, not a pedophile and minors
- There's a weird emphasis on "still," as if everything should have been settled now and we should move onto more important topics (which, if last week's comics are any indication, include exposing the hypocrisy of fictional liberal strawman characters)
- Now having giving the Foley scandal lip service (hey, I'm up to date on current events! I'm relevant!), he can move back into his comfort zone and make more Clinton jokes (such as today's strip). I eagerly anticipate next week's story arc, in which intrepid reporter Mallard Fillmore exposes that the North Korea situation is somehow entirely the fault of an administration that's been out of office for almost six years
- Speaking of which, Mallard Fillmore must not be a very good reporter if all the news he reports is from 2-3 weeks ago
- Jesus Christ, just look at that caricature, man
This is just bizarre
why didn’t you do more to put habib marwan and turkish crimson jihad out of business when you were president
OK, let’s just go through that.
do you think you did enough, sir?
No, because I didn’t get him.
But at least I tried. That’s the difference in me and some, including all the right-wingers who are attacking me now. They ridiculed me for trying. They had eighteen months to try. They did not try. I tried.
So I tried and failed. When I failed, I left a comprehensive anti-terror strategy and the best counter-terrorist agency in the country.
mr. president thank you for one of the more unusual interviews
Let’s do it, man. Lock and load. Ain’t life a [expletive deleted]?
Last words of G.W. Green, a convicted murderer
MOST DEPRESSING LAST WORDS EVER
Cathy -- don't come in.
Call your mother, she will know what to do.
Cathy don't go in the bedroom.
Postscript to a suicide note by a 45-year old married man