Am I Generation Upload, or The New Busy…?
I always feel really dirty when I post something with a ton of links in it
it’s such a bloggy thing to do
The Alvin Greene saga is so ridiculous and crazy that it’s sorta hard to blame the New York Times and Newsweek, among others*, for being hoodwinked by this hilarious – and obviously fake – campaign rap video, which was made by a couple of Twitter rascals (one of whom contributed to #arttvshows). I’ve watched this about twenty times and I always lose it when the auto-tune starts
*CNN is apparently the only news outlet that actually fact-checks whatever YouTube videos pop up in its inbox before reporting on them
Eight new midis have been added to the MIDI Jamboree, including “Creep,” “Maple Leaf Rag,” and my personal favorite, John Cage’s “4’33.”
I have updated my links page – took out all the sites that broke or I no longer visit, added some new sites, the whole shebang. In an effort to make it look prettyful, I’ve also added icons for each link, and I had to make ones for all the uncool sites that didn’t already have one (what’s the deal, uncool sites?). Warm up your clicking fingers for all these hot links!!!~
I think whoever first said, “Hey, I want the news, not the weather!” in response to somebody spitting while talking deserves a medal of honor
One night I saw Harvey Pekar give a speech at my school and I got to shake his hand during the book signing. Feeling awestruck, I mumbled something about it being a big honor to meet him and asked if I could take a photo of him and he said “sure” and then he didn’t acknowledge the camera when I took it. I walked back to my dorm feeling incredibly awkward
RIP Harvey Pekar
- The conclusion to Anime Club (part 5) was posted and it’s….. kinda underwhelming. Taken as a whole, though, the anime club saga has been a good ride
- Pokey the Penguin appears to have been updating daily for the past two weeks or so, if the rss feed is to be believed. Good to see THE AUTHORS still at it. SHOCKING CONFESSION: I always assumed “I love it when a plan comes together” was an original Pokeyism, and only recently discovered it’s from A-Team
- This troll arc of Homestuck has been fun to read. Occasionally I check out the message board but their enthusiasm weirds me out
- I enjoyed Sourpuss 1 and 2. The story is kinda lackluster but the artwork is great. I await part 3
- I’ve never really cared for Adrian Tomine that much but this collection of his early work was the bee’s knees
- The Muppet Show Comic Book completely nails the muppets, corny jokes and all. The artwork has this weird way of making them look like sentient creatures, yet still puppet-like. One of the more current ones, which I haven’t read, brought back Skeeter from Muppet Babies. It’s reassuring to know she made it to Muppet adulthood.
- I picked up Cramhole #3 at random and the first strip was illustrated by Dorothy Gambrell of Cat and Girl fame, which was a pleasant surprise. The rest is good too. I liked Amy Shapiro’s artwork but she doesn’t appear to do much comics
- Tales Designed To Thrizzle #6 was delightful but I wasn’t over the moon about it
- Wasn’t there going to be a big collection of Ernie Pook’s Commeek or something? Wha’happen??
Fat & sassy feline Garfield cast as new Spider-Man???