HOT HOT 2011 TECH RUMORS!!!!!
Here is a compilation of rumored tech industry shakeups that are all but 100% guaranteed to happen in 2011, courtesy of Tech News Rumor Insider, the undisputed leader in tech news and rumors.
- Google will acquire Tumblr and merge it with their flagging social network Google Buzz in order to boost usage
- Apple will release an indoor grill just to see if their competitors follow suit
- Facebook will open up a new revenue stream by acquiring Mint and selling users' credit card information
- Foursquare will suffer a PR scandal after The New York Times reports on a string of serial killers using the location service to stalk their victims
- The Windows Phone 8 operating system will be a fork of Android with Bing set as the default search engine
- Yahoo! will make another foray into content production with the acquisition of the I Can Haz Cheezburger Network
- Bowing to the pressures of the internet, Cahiers du Cinema will force its writers to summarize each film review with "WIN" or "FAIL"
- The Wikimedia Foundation will unveil Wikipedia Plus, a premium service that will allow paid subscribers to access deleted material considered "too hot" for Regular Wikipedia
- Twitter will achieve profitability by selling "Tweetshirts," t-shirts with Tweets screenprinted on them
- bit.ly will be overtaken by the Winnie the Pooh-themed URL shortening service hun.ny
- The actor portraying Samsung spokestween "Zoll" will be revealed to be 35
- Ohio Art will release an Etch-a-Sketch iPad app, which will begin to outsell real Etch-a-Sketches within a year
- MySpace will be sold off to McDonald's and renamed "McSpace"
- Nintendo will launch a phone that lets you call up Yoshi