Felt weird having my last post of the year be about war crimes so here is my favorite gif from the past decade, by crunkus on dump.fm. May it bring you joy.
- It has a nice understated layout that is far superior to Netflix because it doesn’t autoplay a trailer every time you try to navigate a menu.
- Don’t care about the Han and Greedo scene. What’s more egregrious to me is the scene that occurs shortly after where Han has essentially the same conversation with Jabba and steps on his tail in a rather Poochie-like manner.
- The Mandolorian was good. The whole thing about how Mandalorians are based around Boba Fett’s design but the Fetts weren’t actually Mandalorian reminds of how Donkey Kong isn’t actually the Donkey Kong from Donkey Kong, it’s his grandson or whatever. Just needlessly weird lore.
- Most of the complaints I’ve seen are about The Simpsons being presented in the wrong aspect ratio which could’ve been easily prevented had the people in charge remembered the same thing happening five years ago when FXX launched Simpsons World. Nobody learns anything!
In a special Thanksgiving edition of “Treehouse of Horror,” the Simpsons are forced to face various Thanksgiving nightmares, including the first Thanksgiving, an A.I. mishap and a dangerous space mission complicated by a sentient cranberry sauce in the all-new “Thanksgiving of Horror” episode of THE SIMPSONS airing Sunday, Nov. 24 (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SI-3017) (TV-14 L, V)
Once again, one of my joke Simpsons episodes hath become reality
Andrew Yang: Made fun of Bing in the last debate
America’s Mayor Pete Buttigieg: Pretended not to know who Alfred E. Neuman is
Joe Biden: Says he’s “not a big funny paper guy”
These goobers are working overtime to lose my vote!
music: jake kaufman – dance through the danger
This is the only fanart I could find of what the aliens from 3rd Rock From The Sun would look like in their true form. I thought there’d be more. The internet has let me down.
One small thing I appreciate about The Stupids (1996) is that they decided to make the Stupids’ cat and dog CGI characters that look like the ones from the original picture books and it’s never remarked upon or anything, it’s just considered normal in that world
The acknowledgment on behalf of Nickelodeon that kids today primarily engage with SpongeBob through memes on social media rather than TV is interesting. How long until Disney/Simpsons catches on and starts making “Steamed Hams” and “Lisa standing in front of words” playsets
Update on my quest to learn more about the forgotten 1990s Wienerschnitzel mascots… I am now the proud owner of a “Roseanne Iguana Wanna” coin purse. Some reasons she appeals to me: the simplicity of her design, her giant, vacant, Simpsons-like eyes, her pointy teeth, the way the curve on the end of her smile makes it look like she’s under a lot of mental stress, the fact she’s a reptile which I associate with the 80s/90s for some inexplicble reason, and just the general weirdness of “what does an iguana have to do with hot dogs or fast food.” I hope to use this to become the world’s only and therefore best producer of 90s Wienerschnitzel mascot fan art.
SEPTEMBER 11 IN HISTORY
1992: Debut of Harley Quinn
1994: US premiere of Sailor Moon
1994: Canonical date Alex Mack is splashed with GC-161
1997: Frasier Day
What the hell is going on with our nation’s wonks? Something has to be done about this
music: chromatics – shadow
Some doodles from January including ideas for a comic about the New Years Baby that would check in on him during the rest of the year before he becomes Old Man New Year or whatever he’s called. So in spring he’d be a sullen teen, by July he’d be middle-aged, etc. He’d have the Year of the Dog as a pet and his friends would be personifications of other calendar systems. The problem was that I couldn’t think of an actual comic, oops
music: claire – fly me to the moon
Mallard Fillmore Watch
Bruce Tinsley’s Bernie Sanders cariacature is his Elizabeth Warren caricature with Trump’s hair. They’re all slowly merging into one. Just imagine the sheer efficency of having one caricature that can represent potentially anyone
thoughts on detective pikachu
- Detective Pikachu didn’t constantly force Tim to look in his notebook and review clues for half the movie… very inaccurate to the source material!
- Spoiler: People merging with Pokemon… this is a stealth prequel to The Pokemorph Stories
- It’s wild that movie trailers can spoil movies that haven’t even been out a month now